Whole Foods Market has partnered Los Angeles chef Roy Choi to open a Kogi location inside its El Segundo store, which opened on Wednesday, Nov. 9th, at 760 S Sepulveda Blvd in Plaza El Segundo. The opening coincided with the completion of a major remodel to the 66,500-square-foot store.
Located within the prepared foods section, Kogi will offer a full menu of its famed tacos, burritos and favorites like the Short Rib Tacos, Blackjack Quesadillas and Blue Moon Mulitas seven days a week. All menu items are made on site and meet Whole Foods Market’s strict quality standards.
“Every menu item is prepared with the same OG Kogi love, the freshest ingredients and our shared commitment to quality,” said Roy Choi, who co-founded Kogi. “We are so proud to continue to be a trailblazer in being the first concept of its kind in now two Los Angeles Whole Foods Market stores.”
“People follow Kogi’s trucks all over Southern California,” said Patrick Bradley, President, Whole Foods Market Southern Pacific Region. “Now locals can make it a regular lunch spot or grab Kogi to go when picking up their groceries. We’re thrilled to offer this experience within the South Bay’s new and improved El Segundo store.”
The updated store includes new offerings in almost every department. It was designed to provide shoppers with a more streamlined, efficient shopping experience and new culinary innovations like the partnership with Kogi and the recently opened, “the 2ND,” with 36 beers on tap, 12+ wines by the glass and seasonal menu with items like cauliflower nachos, avocado toast, “boozy” gelato and a brunch menu on the weekends.
- Smokehouse menu in the meat department, plus expanded marinated and value section
- A self-serve pizza station and new pizza menu in prepared foods
- Huge beer and wine selection featuring more than 850 types of beer including local limited release offerings
- The largest bulk pet food section of any Southern California Whole Foods Market store
- Beautifully designed juice & smoothie bar with made-to-order smoothies, juices and “boost-ups” like pressed ginger, turmeric and wheatgrass.
- Updated coffee bar with custom espresso drinks, featuring local Bodhi Leaf blend on cold brew
- Renovated beauty and body care department with a curated selection of premium body care
- Made to order poke bar – opening November 17
- A scratch bread program in bakery and a bread bar – opening January 2017
For more on Kogi, check out @RidingShotgunLA and @KogiBBQ on Twitter and Instagram. For details on all upcoming events and activities, click here, follow the store on Facebook or @wfmsouthbay on Instagram.
Credit: Whole Foods Market.
About Whole Foods Market®
Founded in 1978 in Austin, Texas, Whole Foods Market (wholefoodsmarket.com, NASDAQ: WFM), is the
leading natural and organic food retailer. As America’s first national certified organic grocer, Whole
Foods Market was named “America’s Healthiest Grocery Store” by Health magazine. The company’s
motto, “Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Planet”™ captures its mission to ensure customer
satisfaction and health, team member excellence and happiness, enhanced shareholder value,
community support and environmental improvement. Thanks to the company’s more than 87,000 team
members, Whole Foods Market has been ranked as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” in
America by FORTUNE magazine for 19 consecutive years. In fiscal year 2015, the company had sales of
more than $15.4 billion and currently has more than 455 stores in the United States, Canada and the