During the traditional Earth Month of April, Kiehl’s Since 1851 reaffirms its environmental commitment with a month-long celebration of recycling, all to benefit Recycle Across America (RAA), the not-for-profit organization dedicated to delivering society-wide solutions for recycling that eliminate public confusion, stimulate the environmental economy and expedite progress.
This year, Kiehl’s will donate a total of $25,000 to RAA, which will help donate 33,000 standardized recycling labels to more than 325 K-12 schools throughout the country. Kiehl’s began working with RAA in 2012, and to date we’ve donated standardized recycling labels to more than 5,000 schools nationwide, encouraging students to learn to recycle right and use those learnings in their day to day lives.
While Kiehl’s encourages recycling year-round with its Recycle and Be Rewarded program in our retail stores, through May 1, we will be offering additional incentives for Kiehl’s friends and family to recycle themselves, and encourage their friends and family to do so.
Here’s how it works:
- Through May 1, in any Kiehl’s freestanding store, for every empty Kiehl’s jar, bottle or tube recycled, Kiehl’s will donate $1 to Recycle Across America, up to $15,000.
- Through May 1 on Instagram, snap a pic of your Kiehl’s empties using #KiehlsEarthDay. For every post tagging @Kiehls and #KiehlsEarthDay Kiehl’s will donate $1 to @recycleacrossamerica, up to $10,000.
- April 13-April 26: Spend $100 at Kiehl’s retail stores or Kiehls.com, and receive a reusable water bottle filled with 4 deluxe samples of your choice. On Kiehls.com, enter code EARTH at checkout.
This-and every-month, Kiehl’s encourages recycling in our stores with our Recycle and Be Rewarded initiative.
This ongoing program is available only in Kiehl’s free-standing stores, and allows our customers to return empty Kiehl’s bottles, tubes and jars for recycling, in exchange for product. Since 2009, Kiehl’s has recycled more than 3,300,000 empties!
How Recycle and Be Rewarded! works:
- Patrons are encouraged to be eco-conscious and return empty Kiehl’s bottles and tubes to any Kiehl’s store.
- Customers’ recycle count will be digitally tracked at Kiehl’s freestanding stores. Upon returning the 10th empty, the customers are rewarded for their recycling efforts by selecting a free item from the Official Kiehl’s Travel Collection.
- See more, and find a Kiehl’s store here: http://www.kiehls.com/recycle-and-be-rewarded
Now, how cool is that?!
I also highly recommend one of Kiehl’s most beloved products, Ultra Facial Cream! I received a sample and love it! This one has a sunscreen formula, offers 24-hour hydration and has SPF 30. It’s a true beauty-must-buy product this Spring and Summer!
Ultra Facial Cream Sunscreen SPF 30 is, of course, inspired by its sister product, Ultra Facial Cream, which is known for keeping skin moisturized and comfortable for 24 hours.
Like the original, Ultra Facial Cream Sunscreen SPF 30 also contains Antarcticine, a glacial glycoprotein sourced in Antarctica that’s known to withstand extreme cold, and Squalane, a lipid derived from olives that has emollient characteristics that coat the surface of the skin and help hold on to moisture, as well as “Fountain Plant” (also known as Ophiopogon Japonicus Root Extract), a plant native to Asia known to resist drought. In skincare, this plant is notable for its ability to help skin maintain its natural moisture reserves.
This new formula leaves skin soft, smooth and healthy-looking, and protected with broad-spectrum SPF30 protection, so Ultra Facial Cream fans can now get their SPF protection in creamy formula. (The original version isn’t going anywhere, for those who prefer to use a separate SPF!)
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream Sunscreen SPF30
- Fast-absorbing, non-greasy texture provides broad spectrum SPF30 protection
- Provides a fresh feel while leaving skin soft, healthy and comfortably moisturized
- Fresh aroma, Paraben free
- 50 ml $27.50/125 ml $47.50
- Available in-store NOW and on Kiehls.com
Self Disclosure: I did receive a free sample to post. Photo info and other info was provided.