Brussels Sprouts With Grapes & Walnuts
- To make, preheat your oven to 375° F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil (this really helps with cleanup).
- On the baking sheet, toss the Brussels sprouts (7 ounces) and grapes (7.5 ounces) with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 cloves garlic, 3 tablespoons shallot, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Spread evenly and roast until sprouts are tender and golden brown (about 20 minutes).
Basil-Infused Skillet Roasted Corn
- To make, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon garlic in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 more teaspoon garlic, corn (as much as you’d prefer), and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Sauté 5 minutes or until corn is tender.
- Stir in basil (add to your liking).
Crisp Haricots Verts In A Sweet And Sour Bacon Sauce
- Roughly chop your bacon (as much as you prefer) and add to a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook until crisp. Turn off heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer cooked bacon to the paper towel lined plate.
- Place skillet back over a low heat.
- Stir 2 tablespoons shallot into bacon renderings and cook, stirring until translucent (2 minutes). Whisk in 2 tablespoons mustard, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/3 cup water.
- Increase heat to medium-low, add haricots verts in a single layer and cook, stirring occasionally, until beans are just cooked but still crisp (approximately 6-7 minutes).
Broccoli & Apple Salad
- To make, bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil.
- Add broccoli (7 ounces). Cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain broccoli, and plunge in a large bowl of ice water to stop cooking.
- Pat the broccoli dry with paper towels. Chop the apples (5.5 ounces).
- Make vinaigrette: Whisk together 2 tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey, 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine broccoli, apples, pepitas, and onion in a serving bowl. Add vinaigrette and toss to coat.
Check out Terra’s Kitchen!
Credit: Terra’s Kitchen.