The Children’s Recording Arts Alliance announces the eighth annual charity benefit performance featuring all five of this year’s children’s album GRAMMY® Award nominees.
This year’s concert is noteworthy because all five nominated artists are independent musicians
- Frances England – Explorer of the World www.francesengland.com
- Okee Dokee Brothers –Saddle Up: A Western Adventure Album www.okeedokee.org
- Recess Monkey – Novelties www.recessmonkey.com
- Brady Rymer and the Little Band that Could – Press Play www.bradyrymer.com
- Secret Agent 23 Skidoo – Infinity Plus One www.secretagent23skidoo.com
All net proceeds from the performance will go to support The Symphonic Jazz Orchestra’s “Music in the Schools” residencies, which serve more than 3,400 students each week throughout Los Angeles County. With a unique curriculum for elementary age students, including its flagship “Bach to Bebop” residency, students in Compton, Long Beach, Watts, and the San Fernando Valley learn to become music creators, appreciators and performers.
While this event celebrates recording arts and this year’s nominees for best children’s album, it is not an official event of the Recording Academy. The children’s album award winner will be announced at the live-streaming 59th annual GRAMMY Awards pre-telecast ceremony in the Microsoft Theater at LA Live on the afternoon of Sunday, February 12th. Visit www.grammy.com for more information about these official events.
Credit: Children’s Recording Arts Alliance. Photo credit: Brian McCarthy Photo Studios.